Shaw + Smith Luxury Adelaide Escape
Terms & Conditions:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of
these terms and conditions. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
2. Entry for the major prize draw is available to anyone who joins the Shaw + Smith Wine Club. All active members of
the Shaw + Smith Wine Club will receive one automatic entry. Excludes lapsed or cancelled accounts.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and their
associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
4. Shaw + Smith promotes the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol.
5. The competition commences on 27th of July at 00:01am (ACST) and concludes on 31st of August 2021 at 11:59pm
6. It is a condition of entry that all entrants are over the age of 18 upon the date of entry.
7. Entrants will receive one (1) entry in the Luxury Escape promotion for completing either of the following activities:
a. Active Shaw + Smith Wine Club members of authorised automatic annual (or more) shipments of wine,
including accounts ‘on hold’, will receive one automatic entry into the promotion; OR
b. Join the Shaw + Smith Wine Club during the promotional period to receive one automatic entry into the
c. In addition, all entrants will be provided one (1) bonus entry each and every time they complete an order
transaction of any value during the promotional period.
d. There is no limit as to the number of bonus entries each entrant may receive during the course of the
8. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and, proof of
residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of
identification, age, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In
the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of
the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, discriminatory, inflammatory or
defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not
in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in
conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the
goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a
winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this
10. Entries must be received by 11:59 (ACST) on the 31st of August 2021 for the entry to be included in the draw. The
time of entry will in each case be the time the registration data is received by The Promoter database. The
Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays
in the delivery of data due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. The prize draw will occur at 11:00am (ACST) on Tuesday 7th of September 2021. This day is referred to as the
12. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant's individual Internet Service
13. Major prize includes:
a. Return economy airfares to Adelaide, from the winner’s nearest capital city in Australia for two (2) people.
b. Return transfers from airport to EOS, Adelaide CBD.
c. Two (2) nights luxury stay for two (2) people at EOS, in a Radiance Riverview Suite.
d. Spa voucher
e. Dinner one (1) night at Africola Restaurant.
f. Breakfast one (1) morning.
g. Two (2) dozen 750ml Shaw + Smith wines, delivered to the winner’s address (within Australia).
h. Friday Table for two (2) at Shaw + Smith, including transfers.
i. Total major prize value is approximately AUD $7,500 including GST.
14. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The Promoter will directly cover the cost of all prize
elements listed in point 15 and 16 above. All other costs, other than those specified by the Promoter above as ‘the
prize’, shall be paid for by the prize winner.
15. Prize can be redeemed up until 31 December 2022, subject to availability to be advised by EOS. Retail rates apply
for any additional nights or suite upgrade, with any variance settled by the prize winner prior to arrival per EOS’
standard payment policy.
16. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of
equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
17. Once prizes have left the Promoter's premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or
lost in transit.
18. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media
editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed
and/or chaperoned through the duration of the prize. The promoter reserves the right to use this material in any
media and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by
the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of
that element of the prize.
20. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
21. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered
into the draw. One (1) valid entrant will be drawn for each prize at random to become the winner on the
promotional day. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s premises at 136 Jones Rd, Balhannah, SA 5241 on the
promotional day at 11:00am ACST.
22. The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the prize draw. The winner will be published on the website
at http://www.shawandsmith.com from 14 September 2021.
23. Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify
the Promoter. Any request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the
24. An unclaimed prize draw will take place at the Promoter’s premises at 136 Jones Rd, Balhannah, SA 5242 three (3)
months after the draw date of the prize at 11.00am (ACST) on Tuesday 14 December 2021. The winner will be
notified by email within 24 hours of the prize draw. The winner will be published on the website at
http://www.shawandsmith.com from Friday 17 December 2021.
25. The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and
the prize supplier's requirements.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined
by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
28. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the
Promoter's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and
conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil
unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and
recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to
indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except
for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate
information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the systems associated with or utilised in this competition, or
for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this
competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to
or alteration of entries.
30. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to
believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated
to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or
other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
31. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction
or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
32. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer
virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the
Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this
promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the
entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition,
subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
33. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable
you to participate in this promotion. All entries are opt-in and will be entered into a database and joined as a
member of Shaw + Smith. The Promoter may use the entrant's names, address, email and telephone numbers for
future promotional and marketing purposes without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise
advised by the entrant. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this
purpose. If entrants do not consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should
contact The Promoter on their details set out below and be withdrawn from the competition. Any request to
update, modify or delete the entrant's details in the future should be directed to The Promoter and will be done
immediately upon request.
34. The Promoter is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this
competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner). The entrant's personal information
may be disclosed to a third party for this purpose only. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate
in the Promotion.
35. Entrants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory Agencies and the winner’s name published
as required under the relevant State legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be
directed to the Promoter.
36. The Promoter is Shaw + Smith Pty Ltd (ABN: 88 008265 816) 136 Jones Rd Balhannah SA 5242
37. The benefiting party is: Shaw + Smith Pty Ltd. Authorised under ACT Permit No. TP 21/01135 SA
Permit No. T21/1028